Welcome to the Doctoral Program in Earth Surface Processes & Paleobiosphere.
IMPORTANT: Covid-19 coronavirus epidemic:
The evolution of the CoVID-19 (coronavirus) epidemic and the measures taken by the authorities lead us to suspend all CUSO program "real life" activities for the entire spring semester. Each programme will endeavour to reschedule planned activities at a later date, once the situation has subsided, but in any case not before August. Some activities may be offered online. Please also check the websites of the other programs. Thank you for your collaboration and understanding.
Aims & Disciplines
- foster the community of doctoral students and researchers in the fields of sedimentology, stratigraphy, basin analysis, paleontology, surface processes, limnology, paleoclimatology, paleoceanography, palecology, sedimentary/environmental geochemistry, biogeosciences, soil sciences and other related disciplines.
- foster scientific quality, creativity, and communication within the scientific community as well as with the professional world.
- promote mobility and soft skills competence.
- promote stutent’s general ability to deal with challenges in contemporary academic, administrative, and business environments
- enhance collaboration and synergies between the research groups of the CUSO sites
- allow for an efficient usage of costly analytical techniques.
Funded by the Conférence Universitaire de Suisse Occidentale CUSO
Will progessively replace the activities of the “Troisième Cycle Romand” now organisied as the “Coodination Romande en Sciences de la Terre”
Funding of courses, field trips and annual meetings such as SwissSed
The participation in the offered courses, and active participation of individual students in national and international meetings can be subsidised by the ESPP doctoral school.
The programme will include:
Short courses on scientific tools
Short courses aimed at widening scientific background
Training courses for soft skills
Annual meetings for the presentation of ongoing doctoral projects
|FOUBERT||Anneleen||UNIFR||President of the ESPP doctoral school|
|RÜGGEBERG||Andres||026 300 89 88||UNIFR||Coordinator of the ESPP Doctoral School|
|ADATTE||Thierry||021 692 35 26||UNIL|
|SPEZZAFERRI||Silvia||+41(26) 300 89 77I||UNIFR|
|BLATTMANN||Franziska||021 692 43 34||UNIL|
|VASILYAN||Davit||032 420 92 11||UNIFR||Representative of the senior staff of JURASSICA|
|ANSELMETTI||Flavio||UNIBE||Representative of the senior staff of UNIBE|
|MARTINI||Rossana||022 379 66 12||UNIGE||Representative of the senior staff of UNIGE|