Welcome to the Doctoral Program in Earth Surface Processes & Paleobiosphere.
Aims & Disciplines
- foster the community of doctoral students and researchers in the fields of sedimentology, stratigraphy, basin analysis, paleontology, surface processes, limnology, paleoclimatology, paleoceanography, palecology, sedimentary/environmental geochemistry, biogeosciences, soil sciences and other related disciplines.
- foster scientific quality, creativity, and communication within the scientific community as well as with the professional world.
- promote mobility and soft skills competence.
- promote stutent’s general ability to deal with challenges in contemporary academic, administrative, and business environments
- enhance collaboration and synergies between the research groups of the CUSO sites
- allow for an efficient usage of costly analytical techniques.
Funded by the Conférence Universitaire de Suisse Occidentale CUSO
Will progessively replace the activities of the “Troisième Cycle Romand” now organisied as the “Coodination Romande en Sciences de la Terre”
Funding of courses, field trips and annual meetings such as SwissSed
The participation in the offered courses, and active participation of individual students in national and international meetings can be subsidised by the ESPP doctoral school.
The programme will include:
Short courses on scientific tools
Short courses aimed at widening scientific background
Training courses for soft skills
Annual meetings for the presentation of ongoing doctoral projects
|Kindler||Pascal||UNIGE||President of the doctoral program ESPP|
|Hiard||Florent||UNIFR||Representative of the doctoral students of UNIFR|
|Bôle||Maximilien||UNIL||Representative of the doctoral students of UNIL|
|Becker||Damien||---||Representative of the senior staff of PALEOJURA|
|Wetzel||Andreas||UNIBAS||Representative of the senior staff of UNIBAS|
|Anselmetti||Flavio||UNIBE||Representative of the senior staff of UNIBE|
|Martini||Rossana||UNIGE||Representative of the senior staff of UNIGE|
|Föllmi||Karl||UNIL||Representative of the senior staff of UNIL|